Monday, September 14, 2026

Never Been More Proud

 




My son has a lot of social interaction. You see, he is a YouTube content creator. With his tips, tricks, and fun personality, he has made quite a name for himself.

The other day, someone threatened his good name. A silly incident on a mini golf course, yes, you heard that correctly, caused a man to call Matt out in the nastiest way possible. The man posted poisonous comments on his page which got a few "likes" and then a few comments that hurt my heart. As a mother, we hurt for our children especially when we see them doing good in this world, when we know they weren't in the wrong.

Right away I wanted to jump on the comment bandwagon and tell this man how horrible of a person he is. I wanted to rally everyone I knew to go and do the same. However, Matt asked his friends and family to let it go. I knew he was hurting badly over this, yet he didn't want to lash out and cause more grief.

We spoke a little yesterday about this. And of course, I have been praying about it as well. Lately, when I have wanted to act out irrationally, I've stopped and prayed instead. 

Last evening, my son wrote the most powerful post I have ever seen from him. Not one to share his emotions easily, this made a mother's heart full.

I am more proud of him than ever. Thank you to everyone who supports and follows my son. Our online family is "Goober Strong." You all rock.

Here is what Matt wrote:

"We're living in a world where everyone feels the need to "call someone out" by blasting them on social media and it's only going to get worse. A worker having a bad day "ooooh gotta film them and blast them on TikTok to get em fired" - a celebrity having a crash out moment? gotta "CALL EM OUT! EXPOSE EM ON FACEBOOK!".

Unless you live a 100% perfect life (I'd love to have coffee with you btw) - NOBODY has the right to do this. People have bad days, people make mistakes. Everyone's so obsessed with "BEING A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!" - there nothing less manly than trying to ruin someone by filming them and spew nonsense just to get your "likes".
Cyber bullying by kids and adults alike are something that all these platforms could sadly care less about. There's been adults that have taken their own life (Daryl from Storage Wars for example) over stuff like this when it gets to the extreme. I can't even IMAGINE being a kid in this time and having to deal with what peers are saying and posting about you on socials.
Learn to let petty shit go. I just watched a video of a woman recording herself going thru a drive-thru demanding warm fries and being absolutely irate and as if she's gonna EXPOSE the workers by blasting em on socials.
Just my opinion, I wouldn't want my kids, and I don't want my nephews and cousins growing up in this kind of world."

No comments:

Post a Comment