Friday, May 16, 2014

We just want to be loved












Hello everyone. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Piggy, and yes, I'm a cat. Some of you may know me from Facebook and others of you may know me from my human, Matt3756 YouTube videos. If you've never met me before, then welcome, and glad to meet you.

I'm choosing to write on my grandmother's blog today to tell you a little bit about me. 

A few years back, oh, maybe seven or eight, a wonderful human named Rick adopted my sister Vision the cat and I. We were rescued from a neglectful situation. There wasn't much food where we came from. Rick was very kind to us and gave us a warm home and all the food we could eat. Before you knew it, I'd gained some weight, well, quite a bit actually, but began trusting humans once again.

It was around that time Rick's young nephew Matt moved in with us. We hit it off right away, he and I. Time went by and we became inseparable. I enjoyed cuddling with him, even let him film me as he made his crazy videos. 

My sister Vision became sick and left us to go over the rainbow bridge. It was at that time I really bonded with Matt. He and I moved into our own home almost a year ago now and I have lots of room to play, lots of great food and treats, and wonderful windows to look out of at all the pretty birds.

One day Matt came home with a wriggling gray kitten. I took one look at it and told him to bring it back to where it came from. But getting into the spirit of things, I decided it would be best for all involved if I'd at least try to be nice to it.

Her name is Goober, and she is now my adopted sister. We enjoy plotting destruction together, and she even lets me bathe her, which is kind of nice.

My grandma is a writer, and asked me one day if I would mind if she wrote a fantasy story about me. I thought it would be a great idea. So gram's been working on a manuscript, and we're hoping to get it out as a book very soon. We had a lot of fun collaborating on ideas. I hope you'll enjoy a "tail" about me and my adventures and let us know how you liked them.

For now, I want to thank you for your time, and remember: your cats, dogs, birds, bunnies, all your pets and your dear friends and family are much like me and you. They, too, just want to be loved. 

Love, Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment