Saturday, March 23, 2013

Success





I just wrote a quick blurb on Facebook about what defines success. To one person, it's money or power. to another, it may be looks or status. What about things? Having everything you thought you'd ever want, then you'll be happy.

Success is looking back over your life and feeling a sense of accomplishment. You may not be "there" yet, wherever that might be, but I know you're not where you were a year ago.We've all grown, all come so far  and shaken off old habits, old fears and failures.

Take me for instance. I've changed so much in the last ten years it's unbelievable.  Thinking back even longer, I shake my head at who I once was.

I know I've made mistakes in raising my children, mistakes in my love life at times. I've handled many situations poorly and hurt others. Thankfully, God's grace is sufficient every day for me. I don't have to be "good enough" or try to attain perfection. Only He is perfect. But thankfully, He loves me so...

Driving home from visiting my family today, a feeling of peace and God's love overwhelmed me. I began to cry from happiness and a sense of who I am in the world. I matter. You matter.

I want to make a difference in this world. I want to leave an imprint for future generations. If it's in a kind word, a smile, a small deed done in secret to bless another, even my writings, my books.

Let's do it together, you and I. Let's make each day count and not let another minute go by. A precious minute to be the encouragement another person may need just at the right time and place.

You are special, you are loved. So am I. Now that my friends, is success!

Buy my heartfelt novel on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-my-Fathers-Secret-ebook/dp/B00C50FKJE/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1366058893&sr=1-5&keywords=karen+malena

No comments:

Post a Comment